Tuesday, September 6

the perfect fedora



So, I just got back from my 2 week hiatus in Chicago. This started as a short 3-4 day trip, but the idea of hiding from the “real world” was very fascinating to me, hence the 2 weeks.
I discovered a few very important things about myself while out there. The first, I have found that I love something more then food; Chicago food. Let me take you through a day of what I would recommend to anyone who is visiting the Chicago area.

BREAKFAST: Lumes Pancake House. Palos Park, IL. 
(about 2 other locations in area too.)
Do not let the name fool you. Their expertise in breakfast is exhibited way beyond pancakes. In fact, I have never even gotten pancakes there before.  The skillet; including: potatoes, onions, cheese and bacon…one word...incredible. This is really all I can say for this meal, breakfast is not my best.

LUNCH: Pop’s Italian Beef.  Orland Park, IL (multiple locations in area.)  http://www.popsbeef.com/
Wow, if you need a great burger and cheese fry, this place is calling your name! And to top it off, the pricing is great. It is way cheaper then any fast food plus way tastier. Cheeseburger $2.45 plus a half order of cheese fries (enough to basically feed 2 men) $2.25.

DINNER: Grand Lux Café. Chicago, IL  http://www.grandluxcafe.com/index.htm
You may have to take a train or pay $15 to park, but it is totally worth it. This place is not only delicious to your taste buds, but architecturally as well.  From the moment you walk in to the moment you roll yourself out saying how you ate way too much, you enjoy every second! I love pasta, so naturally my dish of choice is the Pasta Carbonara. “Imported Spaghettini Pasta Tossed with Smoked Bacon, Peas, a Touch of Garlic and a Parmesan Cream Sauce. A Classic Combination!” 
......................A-a-a-a-m-azing!!


The best part? The experience doesn’t end there. I am not really a desert person, but you can’t pass it up here. New Orleans Beignets. The best that I can describe these are warm, gooey, sugary perfection. You add that with sauces chocolate, white chocolate and strawberry and you will be drooling! 





One other thing I found out about myself during this hiatus I felt I needed the perfect fedora. It only took ONE person to tell me they look good on me to create the dyer need to find one. So after my long journey through downtown, and very unsuccessful search all while my boyfriend felt the need to point our every person who had already found their perfect fedora, I returned home, defeated. But I am still on the search for my perfect fedora....hopefully before classes start on Thursday... eek.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Hun! Just saw your new blog. Love the layout...very you! love, mom.

    ReplyDelete